Secure Enterprise Search
Enterprise Search Implementation Services
Every organization has its own combination of data sets, user requirements and business goals presenting:
- Unique challenges, which can only be addressed by the application of experience and expertise
- Common challenges, to which proven best practices can be applied
By working with Aarisha, these challenges are anticipated and dealt with. The result is lower project risk, lower total cost of ownership and a search solution that fully supports the business objectives.
Oracle Secure Enterprise Search enables a secure, high quality, easy-to-use search across all enterprise information assets.
Key features include:
- Highly secure crawling, indexing and searching
- A simple, intuitive search interface with browsing and display of search results by automatically-extracted topic and metadata attribute clusters
- Excellent search quality, with the most relevant items for a query, even when the query spans diverse public or private data sources
- Analytics on search results and understanding of usage patterns
- Sub-second query performance
- Ease of administration and maintenance leveraging your existing IT expertise
Aarisha Inc has proven expertise in configuring the following data sources for crawling by SES:
- Web Sources
- Database Tables
- Oracle AS Portal
- Federated Sources
- EMC Documentum Content Server Sources
- Microsoft SharePoint Sources
- Oracle Content Database Sources
- Oracle Content Server Sources
- Oracle UCM Content Server
- Lotus Notes Sources
- Microsoft Exchange Sources
- NTFS Sources for Windows
- NTFS Sources for Linux and UNIX
- Oracle Calendar Sources
- Oracle Collaboration Suite E-Mail Sources
- Oracle E-Business Suite Sources
- Siebel Sources
- PeopleSoft Sources
- Oracle Fusion Sources
- Oracle Webcenter
The SES user search interface can be customized to match the look and feel requirement by the customer.
The SES implementation requirement can be complex for a customer. Our implementation includes followings:
- Identity Management Plugin for various identity stores such as OID, AD, Lotus Domino Server, Oracle Directory Server, Oracle Content Database, Oracle Content Server, etc.
- Single Sign On integration with Oracle Access Manager, Oracle AS Single Sign On Server, Window Native Authentication, etc.
Common Challenges to Enterprise Search
For illustrative purposes, three typical challenges to successful enterprise search implementation are summarized below.
1. Search Quality: The plumbing is installed, the data-sets have been connected and indexed, and the search capability fundamentally works. Yet users complain about poor results and difficulties finding the information they need.
Most of the leading search engines have the functionality to deliver great search results, but to achieve consistent results quality it is necessary to:
- Match relevancy ranking to the company's (unique) data-sets
- Take care to ensure that disparate data sets "play well together" behind a single search box
- Implement processes to ensure that search quality is maintained through time, as corporate data constantly evolves.
2. Complexity Management: For large enterprise search projects, complexity poses a significant threat. Deployments are typically rolled out one data-set (or one business application) at a time, and with each new addition, complexity grows. Inter-dependencies cause complexity and time-saving short cuts made earlier in the project close options and limit flexibility. Complexity-creep is the leading cause of large project failure.
Complexity can be managed through forward planning and the application of best practices to design and implementation.
3. Connector Maintenance: Real-world issues pose challenges to the implementation and maintenance of connectors. For most data repositories, off-the-shelf connectors require configuration. Connector performance can be problematic, causing incomplete or failed indexing. This is often not the fault of the connector, but is caused by dependencies on the target repository. Connector implementation, monitoring and maintenance can be simplified with the right approach.
- Secure Enterprise Search