Upgrades are a necessary part of any technology system, but they are also one of the riskiest maintenance procedures. They can introduce new bugs, performance issues and cause unexpected downtime.
Aarisha Inc. database experts perform hundreds of upgrades every year. We know how to plan, perform deep testing and rehearse migrations to make sure there are no surprises when it comes time to upgrade.
We track performance and stability issues before and after upgrades and migrations to gauge any changes that need to be addressed. And we have an entire arsenal of advanced techniques to minimize risk. If your business requires a zero-downtime migration, Aarisha Inc. can do it.
Oracle Database Upgrades
If you are looking for an Oracle Database Upgrade specialist then you have come to the right place. Upgrading Oracle is a common task for our in-house team of DBA's who do this for different customers on a weekly basis.
Why is it important for an Oracle Upgrade
- Increase database security
- Increase database performance
- Increase database stability
- Increase application performance
When upgrading an Oracle database we are very diligent with our road map planning and implementations.
Oracle FMW Upgrades
Aarisha Inc. provides Fusion Middleware Upgrades for a number of Oracle products spanning WebLogic, Webtier, OBIEE, WebCenter, IDM, SOA Suite, Forms, Reports, Portal, Discoverer, and more. We have experience upgrading 6i Forms to 11g Forms, 9i Portal to 10g, 9i Discover to 11g, WebLogic 7x to 12c, and the supporting database technology. Our technical resources can handle building a roadmap, incorporating your threshold for downtime, and business needs. Every project includes clear phases, followed by execution with weekly time-logs. This commitment to quality ensures the Principal Consultants supporting your migration carry out the proposed plan and meet the target configuration. Our team of technical resources features Sr. Database Administrators, Fusion Middleware Architects, E-Business Consultants, Developers, and Project Managers that combine their skills to build migration plan based on your utilization of Oracle Fusion Middleware products.
Oracle FMW Upgrade from 10G to 11G
The most frequent question from application server customers at the moment is "what are my options for upgrading to Fusion Middleware 11g?" Looking purely at licensing, existing IAS/OAS customers (with an Updates agreement with Oracle) have following options:
- The most common option you'll hear is to upgrade your existing licences to WebLogic Server Suite. To do this Oracle is offering a list-to-list trade-in, in other words, you'll pay the difference between the OAS list price of the licences you own and the WLS list price, minus any discount. This licence is quite flexible as it still gives you the option of running your existing software - you can upgrade all your licences now but then migrate your server estate on a gradual basis (of course, if you're going to make the extra investment now there's a strong argument for upgrading sooner rather than later). This allows you to take advantage of some powerful WebLogic functionality that wasn't available in OAS/OC4J.
- Migrate to 11g using the WebLogic Server Basic licence: this is intended to give you just the capabilities you already have in IAS/OAS but on the WebLogic platform.
- Do nothing: that is certainly still an option, and may be more attractive for mature applications that aren't changing very much.
Oracle FMW Upgrade from 11G to 12C
Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers faster time to integration, increased productivity and lower TCO.Oracle SOA Suite 12c speeds up your integration time-to-market with features like templates, cloud integration adapters, and mobile-ready integration. It provides a cohesive set of integration capabilities to simplify diverse IT environments.