Holistic Approach to Transforming your Organization through SOA
Aarisha offers a full suite of SOA design and implementation services from planning to deployment and maintenance. SOA engagement services can help your enterprise at any stage along the SOA migration path, addressing all aspects of your SOA adoption.
What you can do with Aarisha Consulting?
- Remove siloed application development
- Encourage shared service development
- Foster service reuse, thereby reducing inconsistencies and development time
- Integrate and support legacy applications through standards-based interfaces
- Establish governance structures
- Create common SOA vocabulary and business definitions, enabling enterprise business and IT functions to interact seamlessly
- Consultants start by assessing enterprise needs They then create appropriate business and IT plans designed to achieve new efficiency through the appropriate allocation of people, process, and technology
For assessment of organizational readiness, the services include:
- Master data management/data services
- Enterprise business process and domain consolidation and normalization
- SOA governance-plan creation
- Enterprise service bus (ESB) implementation
- SOA product-selection assistance and recommendations
- Business process and SOA alignment
- Real-time SOA monitoring and reporting
- Change management
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) coupled with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks provided the much needed discipline in the IT lifecycle.
SOA Governance provides an effective control framework along the people, process and technology dimensions to successfully adopt SOA within an Enterprise.
A typical SOA lifecycle has the following phases :
- Service Development
- Service Discovery
- Service Deployment
- Service Execution
During each of the phases, SOA governance best practices are critical in successfully managing the SOA processes and infrastructure.
- Service Development: The developer community needs to adopt the contract first development methodology while developing a service. This ensures that the right metadata is identified. The metadata includes service descriptions, taxonomies, XML Schemas and other service metadata artifacts.
- Service Discovery: It is very important to locate a service for reuse rather than building from scratch. The service repository helps you locate the service. Service discovery also enables in creating a composite service by discovering and combining two or more services.
- Service Deployment: The service descriptions created during the service development stage should be published to the service repository. The promise of SOA is achieved through the reuse and effective governance review and processes ensure that the development teams publish the descriptions before deploying the service.
- Service Execution: To achieve location transparency the right service endpoint and interface information needs to be accessed. This is achieved through the use of service registry. It is important to capture the right service metrics so as to monitor the service usage effectively.
There are products today available in the market that accelerates service registry and repository. Beside the process and technology aspects having the right people organization (roles and responsibilities) is critical to successful SOA governance. An executive sponsorship and the ability (and willingness) of various teams to come together and define a joint strategy/roadmap/architecture are the foundations to effectively adopt SOA.