Oracle Access Manager is an enterprise level solution that centralizes critical access control services
to provide an integrated solution that delivers authentication, authorization, web single sign-on, policy administration,enforcement agent management, session control, systems monitoring, reporting, logging and auditing.
AARISHA INC has over a decade of successful, real-world production experience working with Oracle Access Manager since its first iteration as Oblix COREid / Netpoint to its most recent OAM 11gR2 version. Our model is to collaborate with our clients and provide subject matter expertise and knowledge transfer throughout our deployment to empower our clients to perform further expansion of the overall Identity Management framework. We have a tremendous amount of experience and success integrating applications with Oracle Access Manager, including (but not limited to): PeopleSoft HCM, Oracle e-Business Suite 11i/R12, OBIEE, Oracle Portal, Kofax Markview and SunGard Banner, Oracle Webcenter Portal, Oracle Webcenter Content, Oracle Secure Enterprise Search, Oracle Apex, Oracle SOA Suite, etc. The Oracle Identity Management framework supports two approaches to cross-domain single sign-on:
- AppSecure Control Center
- Single Sign-On Security Zones
- eCO Grid (Embedded Coherence Grid)
- Self-Service Password Management
- Centralized Policy Administration
- Simplified Application Integration
Some benefits of using the Identity Federation server with Access Manager in 11g Release 2 (11.1.2) are as follows:
- An Oracle Access Management Identity Federation server built into the Oracle Access Management Access Manager server (OAM Server). All configuration for the Identity Federation server is performed in Oracle Access Management Console.
- Separate Oracle Identity Federation Release 1 (11.1.1) and Oracle Access Manager Servers that can be integrated to provide federation capabilities. Both servers must be configured and managed for this integration.
Aarisha Inc has successfully integrated OAM federation with CA Siteminder, IBM Tivoli Access Manager and other third party products.
- This eliminates the need to install and maintain separate servers.
- It simplifies post-install configuration of the federation features, particularly with the ability to access those features through the Oracle Access Management Console.
- It improves the scalability of the two servers working together.
- It provides enhanced diagnostics and troubleshooting.